mornings.patiently waiting.breakfast.music.caramel macchiato.always busy with work.loves tricks.joker.basketball.nights.strong ice.movie addict.soon-to-be insomniac.dreamer.

Monday, September 05, 2005

Rat Race Weekend

As a sign of protest from my emotional outburst last Friday/Saturday, I did not go to work during the weekend. Well, I am now in the office but just because I want to update my blog haha.

I went home Saturday 1PM and I passed by Glorietta to buy those Adidas sneakers. Meant to be! The last pair for my size. Great! I slept at around 6PM. Woke up at 7PM. Slept again. Woke up at 8PM because my phone was ringing. I was half asleep while talking to a friend who was busy mounting her aircon haha. Slept again. Woke up at 2AM because I was hungry and I joined Abby and Arbie in their food trip. Watched TV and fell asleep. Woke up at 330AM. Watched some more. Fell asleep again. Woke up at 7AM. I didn't sleep again after. I wanted to be "normal" again because I am going to be on dayshift on Monday after 1 month of being on night shift (this is for formality - in one month, I was doing both night and day shift!). I miss daylight!!!

I grabbed breakfast at 8AM in Somerset (where the team is staying) because I was bored. Great coffee, they have. Anyhoo, after that, I spent some time watching the US Open and some CSI episodes.

I left and met up with Beege at past 2PM. We bought more stuff for her place - mop, trash can, cleaning stuff (we never ever get tored of cleaning), more pranelas hehe, bed sheets, etc. I did my grocery too! I figured it's time for me to use shampoo again. Kidding! We spent the whole time looking for stuff to buy and also joking around with the sales people. I particularly enjoyed the one with the cashier because she was doing her job and doing the job of her bagger as well. Beege and I bagged our own groceries and I sincerely offered to bag the next person's groceries. Hehe. "Pasaway kasi yung bagger eh!" was what she said. It's nice that they have the energy to enjoy a good laugh or joke. : )

We were so exhausted after that we ate like we won't be eating in days. Yu-mmy. It was a pretty fruitful Sunday (although we missed mass again) and it is nice to be away from work for once. Beege did her painting again (painting with paint and HAIR on the wall) and I again tried my luck on the Hollaback Girl. Hey! We were allowed to use our shoes around the apartment this time which was nice. But I got used to removing my shoes that I removed them nalang din. I wore my new sneakers.

It was fun as always. I have a favorite spot in Beege's aparment - the left side of her couch which has always been my side when we drop dead after working. I love it! At 8PM, we lied down again to rest while waiting for the rain to stop. We woke up at almost 11PM already. I swear - that couch is a cure for insomnia! ANG SARAP TULUGAN! I wasn't even on a straight position then. And now, I am wide awake and sabi nga ni Beege - parang hinahanap na namin ang couch. Haha. Amazing. Great buy, mi amiga!

So that was my Sunday. It was the best day of the week. Away from the rat race I have been in - work.

And what a coincidence, I saw a rat SO HUGE (and so black) - a cat will get scared - in front of MSE. NAKAKADIRE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home