mornings.patiently waiting.breakfast.music.caramel macchiato.always busy with work.loves tricks.joker.basketball.nights.strong ice.movie addict.soon-to-be insomniac.dreamer.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Addiction

I went home rather early yesterday (I don't know what I mean by yesterday but you get the point) - 12NN. I went home, showered, changed, lied down and turned on the TV and DVD - great, Trainspotting was on the player so I just continued watching it. I watch 20 minutes each day so I am now in my nth installment of the film - which is about addiction. Reminded me of that film I watched - Requiem for a Dream which was about that too. I find them disturbing for some reason but they're great.

Anyhoo, I fast forwarded the disc to the last part because I might not finish it anytime soon. I came to a scene where some nice lines were said and I just had to share them hehe:

[Voice Over: Renton - played by the loveable Ewan McGregor]

Our only response was to keep going and fuck everything.
Pile misery after misery.
Heap it up on a spoon and dissolve it with a drop of bile.
Then squirt it into a strinking purulent vein and do it all over again.

Keep on going, getting up, going out, robbing, stealing, fucking people over
Propelling ourselves with longing towards the day it would all go wrong
Because no matter how much you stash...
or how much you steal, you NEVER have enough

No matter how far you go out and rob and fuck people over
You always need to get up and do it all over again

Given the story of the movie, I think he was referring to drug addiction - heroin as one of the main drugs. But it caught me I guess because I think it also applies to other things besides drugs, right?

Think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home