mornings.patiently waiting.breakfast.music.caramel macchiato.always busy with work.loves tricks.joker.basketball.nights.strong ice.movie addict.soon-to-be insomniac.dreamer.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Let the rain fall, I don't care

I arrived at my apartment at 8AM Monday – a record because I usually arrive from night shift in the noon. My roommates were all asleep and obviously had inuman sessions the night before because I saw cake, wine, jenga, scattergories on our table and more of those on the floor. Nice way to start the week! I miss them! Anyhoo, I changed and lied down and for a while feared for my life because my thumb was twitching – I need to give my body a break. It doesn’t follow a clock anymore and has not been receiving rest for months now. Tsk.

10 hours later (with several phone calls in the middle), I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I sat down, grabbed a magazine and connected the iPod to some speakers lying around. I must have been gone in the apartment for a long time coz I do not recognize those speakers. Later on I found out they are Mykie’s (Tippi’s friend). She had a party last Friday which I missed – not entirely because she asked me to drink one glass of Mai Tai before leaving for work. She asked me to skip work and just drink and entertain her friends which included 7 Spaniards who are vacationing in Manila. I turned it down because I am a loser. Poo hoo! According to her, the party went well – that is, everyone was dead drunk. There were a lot of guys and just 5 girls. A real sausage fest!

Anyhoo – zoom back to today. I left the apartment at 8PM after having a quick chat with Nams and Dan. Nams is leaving the company after 5 years to study. I left before we could talk about what we really want in terms of career – just a long topic to discuss and yeah a lot of discussions.

I usually walk going to the office except when I am running late. I enjoy walking while listening to music. Tonight, however, I was enjoying the walk without music – I left my earphones at Epay’s. I dropped by Starbucks to get my very tall extra hot caramel macchiato. I realized I haven’t eaten anything since my McDo meal the night before so I decided to grab some Thai food along the way - take-out of course. Spicy Thai food plus hot coffee don’t sound good together but what the hell. While waiting for my food, I thought – I want to stop taking out food and hurrying to go to office. I want to come back to having more dinner out with friends – with real people and not spend dinner with my computer. Actually it’s not the dinner itself but the conversations, laughter that come with eating with somebody (or a group of people). I promise to do that this week even if I am on night shift. With who? Now that’s another question haha.

With that, I will end with lines from that song –

I didn't have the strength to fight
Suddenly you seemed so right
Me and you
What a feeling
What a feeling in my soul
Love burns brighter than sunshine
It's brighter than sunshine
Let the rain fall, I don't care
I'm yours and suddenly you're mine
Suddenly you're mine
It's brighter than the sun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home