mornings.patiently waiting.breakfast.music.caramel macchiato.always busy with work.loves tricks.joker.basketball.nights.strong ice.movie addict.soon-to-be insomniac.dreamer.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Prologue

I have been planning to create a blog for as long as I can remember! However 2 things prevented me. One - work. 'Nuff said! : ) Two - somehow related to work.. I was afraid I'd get addicted to blogging and, therefore, won't be able to concentrate on One. How geeky? I know!

I created my blog last Friday - August 26. I spent some time thinking of a blog title, etc. I could not think of any so I just tried drawing inspiration from the songs I was listening to then. The choices were from two of my fave artists: Dave Matthews and Sarah McLachlan.

From Dave Matthews: Under the Table and Dreaming?(an album title actually. and a line from Ants Marching), I wanted to stay, I wanted to play, I wanted to love you? (from #41. but it's just too long and besides, I am using it in my buddy icon)..certainly not from Lover Lay Down.

From Sarah McLachlan: I love this artist - really amazing.. her songs..lyrics.. and her voice. WOW. Anyhoo, I was listening to Vox..nah. and then Fear..nah. and then Path of Thorns - Terms of Endearment..didn't quite get me at that time. And then I listened to Elsewhere. I love this song (among a thousand others from her). I don't know why I chose it but I just felt it I guess. I love the lyrics, the melody, and how intense SM is singing it, as always. So hence, the birth of a blog title.

Now the blog site itself - mymirrorball - is just an allusion to one of my fave SM albums - Mirrorball - which is a live recording of past albums - Fumbling Towards Ecstasy (couldve been my title!..one of her best ever. probably the best), Solace.

So here it is. Let this begin.

[from elsewhere]

I believe
This is heaven to no one else but me
And I’ll defend it long as
I can be left here to linger in silence
If I choose to
Would you try to understand it

I would like to linger here in silence
If I choose to
Would you understand it
Would you try to understand...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home