mornings.patiently waiting.breakfast.music.caramel macchiato.always busy with work.loves tricks.joker.basketball.nights.strong ice.movie addict.soon-to-be insomniac.dreamer.

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Grrrr

I have never been more upset at anyone from work until today. Well, I have been once but this was one of the “best”.

For months now, I have been relatively out of touch – I have not seen my parents in more than 3 months. I have missed a lot of gimiks. I have missed 2 of 3 birthdays of my roommates. One of them moved out already. One of them is leaving the company. I have not seen my regular buddies. I have never ignored so much text messages in my life. All because of work – which was fine at first knowing it will all soon be over. But more than 3 months, 7 day working weeks, 11 hours minimum daily, countless calls and issues, 1 month night shift after, I am still stuck in this pit which I believe won’t end ever anymore. And then, Saturday morning of yet another weekend at work – night shift at that, I get this email.

Please make sure...blah blah…so that this will go as smooth as possible and we're able to let the US based personnel enjoy the rest of their holiday.

T%&@INA lang ha! I was talking to another person online then who was from the US also. I told her – ‘can I answer “him” and tell him we will keep that in mind when we work over the fucking weekend!’ I have never felt angrier and more upset in this career of mine! Fucking asshole. The nerve of him to tell me about enjoying holidays! Geez, if it is just the holidays we are talking about, I lost count how many we’ve missed ENJOYING already. The fuck. And I am sure I read that email correctly! I reread it to make sure I am not overreacting and I get the same burning feeling to punch someone in all times I reread it.

They don’t know how much we have missed all this time. I was so glad at the start that we have people here who never complained, who never had low morale, who have always hoped one day this would be over. It breaks my heart to see them lose energy and burn out. Somehow work has managed to make the liveliest people think why the hell they should stay lively. Tragic.

And it just took one email – just one – to make me realize why the hell I should care.

I have wasted almost a year of my life for this. Dammit.

PS: I did send that email. : ) Minus the f word of course. But I liked my ending note --> Thank you and enjoy the holiday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Don Manganar said...

Potek talaga. I understand all this. They think they're letting androids do the work around here. Well boo hoo! Pak them!

9:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home